Wijaya CH, Bernard, Purnomo E, Hashidoko Y

(ASEAN Food Journal 2007, 14 (1): 37-43)

Abstract

“Panjang” rice is an ethnic rice strain found in a tidal peat swamp Aluh-Aluh, South Kalimantan. A series of analyses on its sensory and physico-chemical properties included proximates, mineral content, amylose content, starch gelatinization, grain size and color were carried out to compare its quality to that of the commercial wet-land rice. Its glycemic index was also measured to explore its low glycemic potency. “Panjang” rice was classified as a medium sized grain (5.50 mm length) with high amylose content of 31.1% (db), gelatinized at 77.3oC with gelatinization peak at 97.5oC and maximum viscosity at 637.5 BU. There were significant differences between “Panjang” rice and IR 42 in ash, fat, protein, carbohydrate, and mineral (Na, S and P) contents, amylose content as well as grain brightness. No significant (p<0.05) difference was observed in sensory properties between ”Panjang” and”“IR 42” cooked rice, except that no bitter taste was sensed in “Panjang” rice . Based on its glycemic index, which was as low as 46.8, “panjang” rice can be classified as low glycemic index rice.

28,440 Responses to “Physico-Chemical Properties, Sensory Characteristics and Glycemic Index of Tidal Peat-Swamp Rice Grown in South Kalimantan”

1. Thor: Love and Thunder said:

The content on this website is for leisure and academic functions solely.

2. Thor: Love and Thunder movie said:

three , which is ready after Love and Thunder, after which Gunn read Waititi’s script and shared his ideas, asking for some changes to be made.

3. Thor: Love and Thunder said:

On April 15, 2022, it was reported that Gabriella Wisdom had joined the solid of the movie in an undisclosed position.

4. Thor: Love and Thunder movie said:

Thankfully, its launch date hasn’t been rescheduled, so you can start to get hyped for its arrival this summer.

5. Thor: Love and Thunder movie said:

We advise warning when coping with any recently-released media involving multiversal subjects.

6. litecoin neden düşüyor said:

kripto haber

7. Thor: Love and Thunder full movie said:

Of course, we may see Hemsworth return as a Thor variant in future seasons of What If…?

8. Thor: Love and Thunder said:

On January 6, 2020, Collider reported that Christian Bale was in talks to hitch the solid of the movie.

9. Thor: Love and Thunder movie said:

At the tip of the month, Disney moved the discharge date as a lot as February 11, 2022.

10. Buy dermal fillers online said:

I have to show thanks to you for bailing me out of such a incident. Just after surfing around throughout the online world and getting opinions that were not beneficial, I thought my entire life was gone. Living minus the approaches to the issues you’ve fixed through this guideline is a crucial case, as well as the ones that would have in a wrong way affected my career if I had not encountered your website. Your understanding and kindness in handling a lot of stuff was invaluable. I’m not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t come upon such a subject like this. I’m able to at this moment look ahead to my future. Thank you so much for your specialized and result oriented help. I won’t hesitate to refer your web site to any individual who should receive care on this area.