ANTI-PLATELET AGGREGATION ACTIVITIES OF SHALLOT AND GARLIC DRIED POWDERS MADE OF LOCAL (INDONESIAN)

Wijaya CH, Muchtadi D, Lale HJ, Koswara S, Zakaria F

(Indonesian Food and Nutrition Progress 2000, Vol. 7 No 1)

Abstract

“Jawi” variety of garlic from central Java and local variety of shallot from Nusa Tenggara were freeze-dried or oven-dried at different temperatures and time periods. Dried products were analyzed for their antiplatelet aggregation activities, water contents, volatile reducing substances contents, gas chromatographic (GC) profiles and yields. Drying treatments reduced the antiplatelet aggregation activities. Methanol extracts of freeze-dried garlic and shallot had antiplatelet aggregation activity (D50) of 0.08 dan 0.30 mg/ml, respectively. The oven dried products obtained under optimal conditions (70oC, 10 hrs) had antiplatelet aggregation activities of 0.31 and 0.70 mg/mg, respectively. Elevated temperatures and extended drying periods decreased the activities of products. Freeze dried products had a lighter color than the oven dried ones and had a similar aroma and GC profiles to the fresh ones. The contents of volatile reducing substances (VRS) in the products positively correlated with their antiplatelet aggregation activities.

2,786 Responses to “Anti-Platelet Aggregation Activities of Shallot and Garlic Dried Powders Made of Local (Indonesian)”

1. cooking kits said:

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Thanks!

2. Lady Rybolt said:

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It’s the little changes that produce the largest changes. Thanks for sharing!

3. Johnnie Hammrich said:

Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes that make the largest changes. Many thanks for sharing!

4. Read More said:

very easy to understand explanation. fits me perfectly. from now on I will be your fan

5. Asylum said:

Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.

6. Shantell Smith said:

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment. I do believe that you should write more about this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people do not talk about such subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!