Puspita Sari, Christofora Hanny Wijaya, Dondin Sajuthi, Unang Supratman

(Food Chemistry 132 (4))

Abstract

The colour and stability properties of jambolan anthocyanins, both natural and copigmented forms, were investigated in beverage model as well as their radical scavenging ability. Natural anthocyanins of jambolan revealed low colour intensity due to glycosylation structure of the anthocyanins as diglucoside. The intermolecular copigmentation of anthocyanins with sinapic acid, caffeic acid, ferulic acid, and rosemary polyphenolic extract could enhance the colour intensity, which was observed through spectrometric parameters, such as hyperchromic effect (ΔAvis-max) and bathochromic shift (Δλvis-max). In addition of sinapic acid, caffeic acid, and rosemary polyphenolics also increased the stability of the anthocyanin colour during exposure to white fluorescent light and storage at refrigeration and room temperatures, whereas on high thermal treatments, this phenomenon was not observed. Furthermore, beverage model coloured with natural or copigmented anthocyanins revealed DPPH radical-scavenging activity. The AEAC values indicated that the beverage models with copigmented anthocyanins had higher scavenging activity than the beverage with natural anthocyanins.

2,820 Responses to “Colour properties, stability, and free radical scavenging activity of jambolan (Syzygium cumini) fruit anthocyanins in a beverage model system: Natural and copigmented anthocyanins”

1. 천안 출장마사지 said:

Hello there! This blog post couldnít be written any better! Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept talking about this. I will forward this information to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!

2. 출장 마사지 said:

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read, but I truly thought you would probably have something useful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of crying about something you could fix if you were not too busy searching for attention.

3. 출장마사지 said:

After I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment. Perhaps there is a way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

4. 출장마사지 said:

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment. There’s no doubt that that you need to publish more about this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but generally folks don’t speak about such issues. To the next! Many thanks!!

5. 출장안마 said:

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Many thanks, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS. I donít understand the reason why I can’t subscribe to it. Is there anyone else having the same RSS problems? Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

6. Sam Pyscher said:

You have made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

7. 먹튀검증 said:

Everything is very open with a clear clarification of the issues. It was definitely informative. Your site is useful. Thank you for sharing!

8. bursa haberleri said:

Nice bro thank you.

9. נערות ליווי בחיפה said:

This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want?HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

10. chup anh san pham sao cho dep said:

cung nhung hinh thuc chup anh quang cao theo yeu cau cua khach hang.